Subject: Re: How do we collaborate on our documents?

At 7 Aug 2000 15:14 -0400, David_Marston@lotus.com wrote:
 > I've noticed that our committee pages on the OASIS site are set up to
 > publish working documents, but only at a high level of formality. So far,
 > we have Tony's first cut at the discretionary parts of the specs, but my
 > additions (sent 7/5/2000) are not added in. Is this simply an unfortunate
 > byproduct of the fact that Tony's list was an attachment and mine was
 > embedded in the message body? Do we need a different way to build these
 > documents collaboratively? Who will publish the documents in the special
 > section of the Web site?

I think that the non-inclusion of your additions is more an
unfortunate by-product of XSLT conformance not being billable work for
me.  As I remember the meeting and as I read the minutes, I'm supposed
to add your stuff to what I posted, but I haven't got to it yet.

Actually, since I'm stuck in a hotel room in scenic Lowell, MA, this
week, it's one of the things that I was going to do in my spare time
at night.

 > In addition to the list of discretionary items, I'm getting ready to send
 > along the start of a list of vague areas in the specs. This, too, will
 > benefit from collaborative assembly of submissions from all list members.
 > We also need to start "talking" about the flags that pertain to individual
 > test cases, possibly to become prescribed comments in the stylesheets. This
 > in turn leads to a discussion of how we express the linkage between a test
 > case and particular passages in the specs.
 >
 > I like the idea that someone could go to the Web site and find a section
 > where they see the latest versions of those and other planning documents.
 > If we need another tool to do the collaborative work of the committee,
 > <plug>Lotus has a wide range of products for collaboration.</plug> Unless I
 > hear of a specific protocol, I'll just send my draft documents to the
 > mailing list.

See my separate message about CVS, but for now I think that sending
comments to the mailing list, which is archive where anyone can read
it, is the best that we can do for now.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632