Subject: Multiparty Business Transactions paper" Bob Haugen and Tony Fletcher pointer

Hi,

I had an action item to find information about the use case for
multiparty scenarios that involved a distributor switching from getting
PuchaseOrders to sending PurchaseOrders (changing its role from seller
to buyer).

I wrote Bob for permission and he replied:

"MP paper is on Choreology Web site under
http://www.choreology.com/resources/documents_library.htm

However, when we presented this stuff at the UNCEFACT TMG meeting (in
December 2002?), John Yunker said Amazon used a (probably better)
version of one of our scenarios in real life.  I think that makes it at
least a candidate pattern, and if Tony Fletcher and I were to re-write
the paper, we agreed that we would beg John for help.

I'm not subscribed to the list, but if you post a reference to the
paper, you should include my comments in this message.

What the paper does have, though, it a lot of thinking around how to
implement multi-party scenarios within the constraints of UMM and BPPS,
e.g. 2-party request-response transactions.  And some of that thinking
goes beyond UMMM+BPSS, that is, even if you have multi-party
collaborations on some global level, they can always be broken down into
sets of 2-party interactions coordinated by whoever has dependent
commitments with multiple other parties."

So, this fulfills an action item I had whose number I cannot locate.

I was unclear about whether I could post the paper or the link, so I am
being conservative.

Thanks,

Dale Moberg