Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] State Alignment and Web Services

Monica,

I believe this came out of a scenario that Anders described - where
he want to Ack the RFQ - but not confirm it until downstream suppliers
had responded.

Therefore 'pending' was offered as an additional status.  Anders also
wanted to make sure that the signal was *not* a legally binding
response - hence 'pending' again avoids that connotation.

It all made sense to me at the time - and I included this in the
XML example I posted on signals - along with the additional
two attributes - (BTW - signalType - agree that is not needed -
and can be deferred to V3).

Thanks, DW