Subject: RE: [emergency] Final editorial corrections?

Art Botterell wrote:
> Sorry, Bob... I'd been advised by an experienced
> source (in fact, I believe it was you) that final
> non-substantive editorial corrections to a standards
> document are normally permitted prior to publication.
	When we spoke, my comments were made based on experience with
standards groups in general rather than specific knowledge of the
OASIS process. My reading of the OASIS process leads me to believe
that OASIS has explicitly prohibited corrections to documents once the
"member approval" voting process begins. If corrections are to be
made, I think you should get a formal opinion on this from the OASIS
leadership.
	Also, please note that the distinction between changes which
are "substantive" and those which are "non-substantive" is often the
source of considerable debate...

		bob wyman