Subject: Re: [emergency] Final editorial corrections?

At this point, we do not need to hurry and resolve this issue, as there
is no hard date (that I am aware of) for publication of an approved
OASIS Standard. Plus, the TC Admin has 7 days to announce the result of
the voting anyway. Jamie had offered last week to sit on our call next
week, to which I welcomed. We can sort out the process then, so please
hold tight on calling for them.

That aside, and to provide some clarity to what changes can happen, I
will point the group to the following quote from the TC Guidelines:

"After approval of the specification as an OASIS Standard the TC must
prepare the final version for publication. Usually this would involve
changing only the title page to reflect the new status of the document.
There must not be any substantive or normative changes made to the
specification. The document must be renamed according to the OASIS file
naming scheme and submitted to the TC Admin for publication. The TC may
create a non-normative errata document, but no normative changes may be
made to the specification; making normative changes will require
sending the specification through the approval process."

The key word here that helps to quantify, but not necessary encompass
100%, when you have to go back through the process is the word
"normative." The XSD, for instance, would be normative, so according
the Guidelines we can not change that without going back through the
process. I am referring to the anonymous simpleType issue here. I will
defer to Jamie regarding any latitude or misinterpretation there.

Allen

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC