Subject: Agenda: 4/6 Call

1. CAP Spec: now that CAP has passed the voting at OASIS and the
results of that voting has been posted
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200404/msg00000.html), we
now need to make some final decisions about what edits to make on the
document itself. As Art pointed out in his email
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00157.html),
we have the opportunity to "prepare the final version for publication"
as stated in the TC Guidelines
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#spectostand). It
also states that these changes can not be changes to the normative
statements in the document. That being said, Bob brought up concerns
about the schema
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00123.html),
which we need to discuss. As I mentioned in an earlier post
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00165.html),
Jamie is planning on joining our call today, so we can seek input from
him as to how to best handle since the schema is certainly normative.

2. CAP Evangelization: excuse the topic naming, but I had to come up
with something that made sense :) Anyway, its time to work on the
promotional aspect of CAP. I had a brief chat with EIC Chair Matt
Walton yesterday, and they are of course also excited about the work.
Given the interest across multiple groups, at the last meeting we
agreed Rex would be the point man
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200403/msg00116.html)
for incoming media/press requests. I also sent out a note
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200404/msg00026.html)
on the OASIS Media Guidelines
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#media) just to
make sure everyone remembers that any requests for interviews about the
TC work have to be coordinated with OASIS, which Rex (as agreed the
primary point person) and I (helping as he needs) will be facilitating.
If any of you have questions regarding this, then let's arrange a call
with Carol Geyer to ensure we are following their process. In addition,
it is even more important now for us to work on the Implementer's Guide
and Test Scenarios, as those help bring CAP full circle.

3. CAP Future: we have some good comments, suggestions, and concerns
that have been circulated on the list and have been put in the
spreadsheet in the Doc Repository. While we certainly do not have to
determine timelines or strategy yet regarding CAP 1.NEXT, we might as
well being thinking about it.

4. IF SC: Update on their work product (ie: the documents and their
summary) and when it will be circulated.

The other SCs do not really have any Action Items that have not already
been mentioned, but if there is something notable to talk to the group
about, then by all means bring it up.

As for the Charter and Requirements Document, with the energetic
discussions that have occurred since the last meeting I felt it would
be wise to hold off throwing yet another iron on the fire (literally),
so unless there is any objection, I propose we hold on those 2 things
until we all get CAP at an agreed upon place.

See you all at noon Eastern Time!

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC