Subject: RE: A Library of Taxonomies [was Brass Tacks #2]

Ok that's all I want...

> > But of course, there may be other solutions too?
>
> Well, I certainly don't think that we should use the HumanMarkup.org
> domain, unless we have to, for persistence reasons. Some of the URIs used
> on there already are absolutely terrible; some even have ".asp" file
> extensions, and no date-stamping at all. I contend that whoever's managing
> the HumanMarkup URI spaces (whether URL or URN) start doing their job
> properly :-) Well, it's not that bad, but it's not how I would have
> organized it [and I'm not great at URI organization either].

Yes the asp extencions are about to leave us, as I'll soon use pure XML/XSLT. I would love
to have some suggestions on managing HumanMarkup URI spaces. You know, it's the kind of
things one always say that can be handled another day.

> As far as persistence for HumanMarkup.org goes... how long is the domain
> registered for? Will it always be re-registered? Can someone point me to
> the HumanMarkup.org persistence policy? We're not a library, and neither is
> OASIS. Perhaps we can get a top-level PURL [1] or something?

Fair enough. I favorite the PURL solution as well I guess.

Kindest regards,

Manos