Subject: HMI.basicinfo: What is HumanMarkup.org?

Just to let everyone know, OASIS and I have clarified the differences and functions of HumanMarkup.org vs TC, which is extremely important to make clear as we progress in our own communications with others.  So far, we have intermixed the terms HumanMarkup.org and HumanMarkup TC, which we should not be doing.

"OASIS HumanMarkup Technical Committee" -- organization under which the HumanMarkup project exists.  The technical work of the project has to exclusively be referred to as such.

vs.

HumanMarkup.org (under YahooGroups) -- non-profit organization under which the HumanMarkup project was launched, and transferred to OASIS.  It does not manage the HumanMarkup project.  It currently exists to support outreach for HumanML and related specifications only.

Certainly let me, or Carol know (carol.geyer@oasis-open.org) of any questions regarding this distinction.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
OASIS HumanMarkup TC Chair (new formal sig here ;))
(646) 456-9076