Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema - symbol

I don't agree, but not because I don't think this is logically
consistent, but because XML Schema attributes is a pit of quicksand I
am desperately trying to avoid. I can live with humlIdentifierAtts
and I could even live with humlCommIdentifierAtts. However, in terms
of processing, if I had my way, we would only ever have elements with
values for a clear set of datatypes, but that is not possible.

Also, I think we would open a big door into much more work than I
have the capacity to handle if we do this. While I freely admit that
I am emotionally aghast at the prospect, it isn't the emotion which
is driving my opposition to this. It is the amount of retrofitting
work this would take. I just don't have the capacity. It is taking
all I can do to complete what we are doing. If we do this, we need to
find someone who can do the work within OASIS because I don't have
the capacity. I have basically given up my income-making work, not
just due to this work, but because graphic design always takes a big
hit in economic downturns, and I suspect that once history takes some
of the margin of error out of the economic statistics for the last
year and half we will find that we have had a stagnant economy at
best and a recession, especially if you factor out non-discriminatory
(necessities) consumer spending and a Real Estate market thriving on
the lowest lending rates the fed can manage to sustain.

So, is it possible to construct something of a First Principle? Could
we just make sign the basis of the semiotic process, which doesn't
need the rest of our Primary Base Schema except as elements. We don't
have a web language that fits it and we certainly do not have the
accompanying structure to make procedures work for it within the
existing structure of the web, but we also can't lose our XML Schema
mentor.

I agree, in the beginning there is the sign and the perceiver, but I
wouldn't put too much emphasis on Peirce. Saussure had a lot to say,
too.

P.S. Len, are you trying to give me a heart attack? ;)