Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] JXDDS Person Object

Dear colleagues:

I have been in further discussions with Mark Kindl and John Wandelt at
GTRI about the person object and possible ways to accommodate Court
Filing's need for an element that accommodates persons, organizations
and things.

They have suggested that an actor object could be created which allowed
the use of either the person, organization, or property object.  They
have also
suggested that this object might be more easily understood and accepted
if it were called "party" rather than "actor."

I attach a PowerPoint diagram of the possible "actor" element that we
have been discussing.  I would appreciate getting your comments on it.

Can anyone think of another instance -- other than party -- in which we
need to be able to accept persons and organizations or persons,
organizations and things?  It seems to me that witnesses are invariably
individuals, even when they are testifying as agents or officers of an
organization.  "Party" would seem to work for contracts as well as for
court cases.  In sum, what do you think of the idea of "party" as the
name of the object instead of "actor?"

I look forward to your ideas and suggestions.

Greacen Associates, LLC.
18 Fairly Road
Santa Fe, NM  87507