oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] virtual ODF interop fest ?

Title: RE: [oic] virtual ODF interop fest ?

Dear members,

I've discussed it briefly with Carol, and we might be able to do a
virtual ODF interop event (probably with a much lower participant
fee than the 750 USD for "physical" interop demo)

For example, we could perhaps organize a 24h online event, starting
May 6th 10 AM (GMT).

Of course, we need to think about logistics, so here's a short list
As always, suggestions are mostly welcome

* 1. Facility where people can sign up
The OpenDocument XML.org could be used for this.
We'll have to think about what info we want on the registration form

* 2. Chat room
OASIS IRC server could be used

* 3. Subversion server or perhaps a simple website or online drive for
sharing documents
XML.org could be used, we'll have to think about file storage/sharing
requirements

* 4. Place where people could save their final documents and scenarios
Non-OIC members could use the oic-comment list; OIC members could use the
OASIS svn.

* 5. Conf call or VoIP-only

Probably we need something more than freeconferencecall.com. Perhaps
this is something one of the vendors could contribute ?

Funding opportunity: we could try to get funding from NLnet (for example,
for covering marketing and conf call expenses)

http://opendocument.xml.org/news/nlnet-foundation-seeks-odf-proposals-for-funding

Best regards,

Bart