oic message

Subject: Specification Analysis Wiki Clean-Up: Synchronization Part Completed

Steps 1.1-1.2 have been completed for all of the Specification Analysis wiki pages.

There were no SVN-unsychronized wiki changes other than those made by the 1.6 upgrader, and these have all been captured.

Continuation with steps 1.3-1.5 (below) will now commence.  The order of cleanup will be staged to make this material useful quickly in discussions of metadata interoperability and with ODF 1.2 packaging review and update.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200908/msg00030.html
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 14:16
To: 'OIC TC List'
Cc: 'Mary McRae'
Subject: RE: [oic] Specification Analysis Wiki Clean-Up Step 3 - Repair Planning

[ ... ]

1. THE CHOSEN APPROACH

  1.1 The current wiki content of pages that have not yet been corrected will be checked into the SVN repository.  This puts the SVN repository for the Specification Analysis in synchronization with the current post-update wiki content.

  1.2 If there were any other changes made to pages that had not yet been synchronized to the SVN repository (and I suspect there will have been none), I will make note of that during the 1.1 process and be sure to manually review the resulting checked-in page for additional work that may be required.

  1.3 In a working copy, the checked-in pages will be manually reviewed using a programming editor.  A search-and-replace will be done to manually repair those updated links that begin "[[self:".  These must be done manually because the correct substitution for "self:" can be different from page-to-page and even in different places on the same page.

  1.4 The pages modified in this process will be reviewed on the wiki and saved as changes when they pass review.

  1.5 I must remember to add the risk of upgrades to the wiki software as another concern on the discussion page about the considerations that apply to using the OIC TC Wiki in this way.

[ ... ]