Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Interface specification

Rob,

An interface specification is not a document; although it is possible that you may wish to represent it in a documented form.

I believe that we have argued this case many times over the last 5 years and were quite clear when we agreed the various subtypes of product.

LesD

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Bodington [mailto:rob.bodington@eurostep.com]
Sent: 29 October 2004 11:58
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [plcs-dex] Interface specification

Hi

I am in the process of working through some of the ballot comments against Interface.

We have defined an Interface_specifcation as a subtype of product.

The suggestion is that an interface specification I sreally a document and therefore should be a subtype of document not product.

Making this change would make us more compatible with AP210 and AP212

What do people think?

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page:
http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1454 270030
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401

DISCLAIMER: ***SECURITY LABEL: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED*** The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. This e-mail originates from LSC Group. Registered in England & Wales No 2275471 Registered Office: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 4SG