Subject: Formatted minutes of 2009-09-03 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Danny for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2009-09-03

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Danny van der Rijn
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200909/msg00002.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Approval of Aug 27 minutes
[2]  Issue 52
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2009-09-03-1: Mike E to file an issue about skipping a PL wrt CT introspection
2009-09-03-2: Anish to file a separate issue about what a conformant runtime does when a non-conformant SCA BPEL doc is provided

Resolutions

Minutes

<anish>
Agenda --
<anish>
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of Aug 27, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00055.html
5. Action Items review
None
6. New Issues
None
7. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 52
CT generation (section 2.1.1) does not take into consideration the multRefFrom attribute
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-52
Initial proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200907/msg00037.html
Addendum to the proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00014.html
Proposal from Anish: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00035.html
Alternate proposal from Najeeb: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00049.html
Latest proposal from Najeeb: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200909/msg00000.html
b) Issue 41
SBPEL2022 has an incorrect 'MAY' and is not applied recursively
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-41
Email discussion -
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00035.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00041.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00044.html
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00011.html
Proposal v2: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00036.html
Proposal v3: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00051.html
c) Issue 53
BPEL Process: References with Multiplicity 0..1 - how are they supposed to work?
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-53
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00021.html
d) Issue 54
sca-bpel:multiReference/@partnerLinkType and sca-bpel:multiReference/@partnerRole cardinality
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-54
Proposal: in Jira
e) Issue 55
Co-occurrence constraints on sca-bpelroperty attribute and sca-bpel:multiReference element
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-55
Proposal: in Jira
f) Issue 46
SBPEL3006 isn't deterministic
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-46
no proposal
g) Issue 50
Need more examples in the specification
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-50
no proposal
8. AOB

Scribe: Danny van der Rijn

Approval of Aug 27 minutes

minutes approved
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-08-27 located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00055.html approved

Issue 52

<anish>

Najeeb has a proposal out.
Najeeb:
I've made changes based on our last conversation.
<Mike Edwards>
greetings

discussion around getting rid of 2004.2 in proposal
<Mike Edwards>
I have to say that is for discussions like this that desktop sharing technology would help a LOT
:
<Mike Edwards>
[SPEL3011.1] A variable with the sca-bpel:multiReference extension MUST be referenced by one and only one partnerLink element with an sca-bpel:multiRefFrom attribute

furthermore ".. by *the* one and only one pL .. which *it* references" ... ?
Mike E:
As Mike R pointed out, 2 pL's couldn't share the same variable. Does this bother us?
Mike E:
Do we need the ability to have (nested) pL's that don't get exposed
Martin:
I think we need that

+1

Mike: Better to assume exposure and have to explicitly suppress
Martin:
agree

+1
Anish:
separate issue
Mike E:
Say I have inner partnerLink declared, and mark it with 'skip' -- I'm still able to copy an EPR into it programmatically.
Action: Mike E to file an issue about skipping a PL wrt CT introspection
Anish:
What's the value of plT and partnerRole in the multiRef vbl?
Najeeb:
it makes an association
Anish:
the runtime is going to the "exactly one pL referencing it" check already.
Anish:
So now you've got duplicate information that needs to be kept in sync by the editor

Danny, Mike E: +1
Mike E:
a pL that point to a variable in effect says "go initialize this variable for me"
Najeeb:
OK with removing the attributes
Anish:
If we do that, that would take care of another of my comments
Anish:
One more comment left - proposal talks about throwing an exception rather than generating an error. Rest of spec talks about generating errors.
Anish:
(Separate Issue - we don't really say what generating an error means...)
Action: Anish to file a separate issue about what a conformant runtime does when a non-conformant SCA BPEL doc is provided
Danny:
can remove 3005.1 since this case would have been rejected by static analysis
Anish:
reworded 3011.1 takes care of the need for 3005.1. Remove 3005.1
Mike E:
If we are able to characterize property-setting and multiref from as vbl initialization, we should do so, and disallow other initializers on those vbls. I'll raise such an issue.
Najeeb:
I came up with a virtual initialization expression explaining how the variable gets initialized
Mike E:
Don't like example. Problem is in implying $SCARuntime.xxx exists
Najeeb:
OK with removing example.

Anish:
enough changes that would require a new version of the proposal. Najeeb to produce it.
<Mike Edwards>
actually you dont extend <from>
Anish:
Hopefully, we can accept the edited proposal quickly next week
<Mike Edwards>
you have an extension element that replaces <copy/>
<Mike Edwards>
and that extension element can contain pretty well anything

@Mike - exactly, so it replaces the from and the to, so there's no extension of from itself. So we're good on the proposed wording?
Najeeb:
picture in section 3.2 needs to be changed as well if we go with this proposal
Anish:
Dieter has the source if you don't. Or Mike Rowley.
Anish:
Or could resolve with action for editors to fix.

referee calls time. Straggler roll.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-09-03 at 14:26:29 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 116: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Mike'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 136: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Danny, Mike E'

statistics: Schreiber found 114 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 82: Danny: s/Topic: Issue 52/Topic: Approval of Aug 27 minutes/

edits: Line 164: anish: s/property/reference/

edits: Line 182: Danny: s/extresnsion/extension/

edits: Line 184: Danny: s/extrension/extension/

citation-detection-irc1: Line 4: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 12: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 24: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 25: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Initial proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 33: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 35: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 36: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 37: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 38: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 39: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal v2'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 40: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal v3'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 43: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'BPEL Process'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 44: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 45: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 48: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'sca-bpel'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 49: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 50: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

command-scribe: Line 78: Danny van der Rijn recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 82 succeeded, changed line 80 from 'Topic: Issue 52' to 'Topic: Approval of Aug 27 minutes'

edit-delete: Line 82 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 164 succeeded, changed line 162 from 'property' to 'reference'

edit-delete: Line 164 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 184 succeeded, changed line 178 from 'extrension' to 'extension'

edits-command-processing: In command on line 182 search text 'extresnsion' was not found.

edit-delete: Line 184 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]