tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Status of documents modified - Committee Draft

My experience is that the TC does this.  We do on the ODF and OIC TCs.  And
we make all three versions (including the XHTML/HTML one).  All Mary does is
review them for correctness and then copy them to the official OASIS
directory locations(s) [unless the Chairs can do that too - I wouldn't
know].

I think for a Committee Spec that has been approved as an OASIS Standard,
Mary might be more involved.  But I'm not even sure about that.

If we want to see the Public Review start up smoothly, I recommend that we
turn over work that is as complete as possible so that Mary's part is
straightforward.

Also, we need to provide a list of folks outside of OASIS to notify of the
Public Review.  I don't recall whether we've created that.

 - Dennis

PS: I think Mary or her assistant might be more involved in some cases, such
as for UOML-X, but if the TC is able, and we certainly are, we should do
it.]

-----Original Message-----
From: stephengreenubl@gmail.com [mailto:stephengreenubl@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Stephen Green
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:26
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: TAG TC; Jacques R. Durand

Yes, but I think usually OASIS staff (e.g. Mary) would
make these changes before placing the actual CD at
the docs.oasis-open.org/tag location (as too the PRD).

I guess we now inform Mary and watch for progress to
uploading of CD and PRD at docs.oasis-open.org then
public review itself.

Best regards

Steve
---
Stephen D Green

On 13 February 2010 19:06, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:
> First, congratulations.  I think this is a big milestone for the TAG and
for
> your tremendous efforts.
>
> I think we've dropped a stitch though.  The [tag] groups notices that just
> came out point to early-February versions and they don't have the
Committee
> Draft titles that are required.  I see that the "State" has changed but
the
> document hasn't.  I think you are supposed to post new versions with the
> correct titles and cover information and have them be the Committee
Drafts.
> Those are the ones that you then tell Mary are available for Public
Review.

> I suggest that we fixup the titles a little.  If we are going to use Part
> designations, then these are all parts of the same version (think about
it)
> although they can be taken through editions separately.  In that case I
> would simplify the titles this way:
>
> Test Assertions V1.0 Guidelines
>
> Committee Draft nn [Public Review]

> (I don't recall what the pervious Committee Draft number was or whether
you
> want to designate it as a Public Review Draft this way as some TCs do.  I
> don't know what to do about the nn being different here, since it matters
> depending on how these documents are put in the official folders on the
> OASIS site.  Mary will know if there is any difficulty],
>
> Also,
>
> Test Assertions V1.0 Part 1 - Model
>
> Committee Draft 01 [Public Review]

> and
>
> Test Assertions V1.0 Part 2 - Markup Language (TAML 1.0)
>
> Committee Draft 01 [Public Review]

> For TAML there are two accompanying files and they are specific to this
CD:

>  The Namespace Document file (which points to TAML 1.0 CD01 as its
> authority)
>
>  The XML Schema which must identify itself as being part of CD01 in the
> comment header at the beginning.  I would use
>
>  <!--
>        OASIS Test Assertions v1.0 Part 2 - Markup Language (TAML 1.0)
>        Committee Draft 1, 12 February 2010
>        XML Schema
>
>        Copyright ...
>   -->