ubl-hisc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-hisc] SBS and input specs

At 2005-02-21 19:52 -0700, Micah Dubinko wrote:
>Where can I find machine-readable (and transformable!) specs for SBS?

They already exist ... though not quite in the format that you request below.

>I have a package here that includes samples (.xml) and html versions of
>the spreadsheet.

I've posted the XPaths for SBS here:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-hisc/200501/msg00010.html

(note the documentary standards we've adopted for the non-normative
namespace prefixes; while we are not obliged to use the same prefixes,
using the same prefixes will promote consistency across different UBL products)

>Ideally, I'd like to see something like: (glossing over ns declarations,
>but you get the idea)
>
><sbs for="Order" version="1.0">
>  <xpath>order:Order/cbc:IssueDate</xpath>
>  <xpath>order:Order/cbc:Note</xpath>
></sbs>

You get everything, including ns declarations, in "Order.xml" in that ZIP
file.  This was the objective of having a machine-readable version.  If you
traverse the tree and look at the ancestors you get exactly what you
need.  A simple transformation will create the above file ... let me know
if it would help your effort for me to write it, but if you could massage
your needs to use the XPath XML files as they exist, then in the future we
can do the same with future XPath files as they are.

>Are those xml sample files inclusive? (Do they include every possible
>element in SBS?)

The "Order.xml" file does for Order, and other files for their
contents.  One of everything, without regard for cardinality or choice,
just assuming sequence.

>If I could figure out how to get something like this, I could make some
>serious progress.

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that this has been around all along.  The
XPath files were of immeasurable value when preparing the output
specifications, so I thought they'd be just as useful for the input
specifications.  Having received no comments or questions on the XPath
files, I had assumed I had sufficiently documented their utility ... this
means that I will have a documentation effort when the SBS gets around to
publishing the products.

Please let me know when you've had a chance if the XPath XML files meet
your needs or not.

Thanks Micah!

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc