ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [spam] Re: [ubl-security] Questions regarding the XAdES Profile

At 2010-08-26 22:38 +0200, Roberto Cisternino wrote:
>The CoO is most of the time issued by a Chambre of Commerce to evidence
>the origin of the goods.
>Depending of several factors it could be presented into diffeent ways
>(e.g. according a Letter of Credit) so it could be required to be signed
>by different actors (on paper there were seals) into different times.

Okay, this supports the change to the transformation expression to
exclude all of the signature information from the hash calculation
and not only the ancestral signature group.

>The CoO document is a single one even if it should always be provided with
>the exporter's invoice plus other relevant back-up information as
>required.
>It means that a reference could be sufficient but also attachments
>(incorporated) could be useful as well.
>It is difficult to predict how the electronic CoO will be required (as the
>legal requirements are not our domain)
>
>Here there is a good summary about the CoO:
>http://www.export911.com/e911/export/document.htm

Kewl!  That is a very readable explanation.  I note that example form at:

   http://www.export911.com/e911/export/docFormA.htm#docFormA

... that there are two distinct signature lines.  This would mandate
the multiple signature business objects that we see in CoO.  Each
signature line could have multiple digital signatures, so in the
extension structure we have multiple signature groups, one group for
each business object, not just a single signature group for the
entire document.

>After saying that I think we should provide an open way of using the CoO
>as it is really subject to different laws and it is very important.
>
>We should ask the International Chambre of Commerce to come on board or
>have a temporar or stable liaison.
>
>Sorry I can't help more.

I think your note has confirmed for me the direction I'm going with
the structuring and the hash calculation.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/