ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] Where to go from here

I think that it would be inappropriate to offer alternatives even
in the first draft of a specification; the idea is to do your best
to propose a solution and then see whether others find problems
with it.  If we're going to propose alternatives, then I think we
have to start over with a conversation on ubl-dev, perhaps
beginning with a paper outlining the alternatives and requesting
discussion.

As this would essentially reset the XAdES Profile work back to
zero, it's not an outcome that would be very good for the progress
of UBL.

I'm assuming that there is not a simple solution that could later
be scaled up to address a wider range of use cases; if there is
such a solution, then that's probably what we should adopt.

Jon