xri message

Subject: [xri] Agenda for the San Fransisco F2F

TC Members:

Gabe and I have put together the following agenda for the f2f meeting. The
overall rythym is 4 present/discuss/decide cycles, one each morning and one
each afternoon.

The sessions designed for telephonic participation are the morning sessions
each day, i.e., 9-12 on Thursday and 8-12 on Friday. The presentations that
will be given at the start of each of these sessions will be sent to the
list prior to the session (we *may* have Webex available but that is still
TBD - otherwise remote participants can follow via prompts by the
presenter). Dial-in info will be sent to the list tomorrow.

Please send any feedback on this agenda to the list by 3PM PST tomorrow as
some of us are flying in tomorrow for a pre-meeting session and will try to
incorporate any further suggestions.

********
AGENDA FOR THE OASIS XRI TC SAN FRANSISCO FACE-TO-FACE, FEBRUARY 20-21, 2003

DAY 1 - THURSDAY

9AM:  WELCOME, INTRODUCTIONS, AGENDA REVIEW (Gabe Wachob, Drummond Reed,
Bill Washburn)

9:30AM - 10:30AM: REQUIREMENTS OVERVIEW PRESENTATION (Drummond Reed)

This presentation will summarize the key requirements identified so far and
the rationale behind them. The goal is to set the stage for the discussion
that will follow the rest of the day.

10:30AM - 10:45AM: BREAK

10:45AM - NOON: CORE REQUIREMENTS DISCUSSION AND DECISIONS (Bill Washburn,
Moderator)

The goal of this session is to:

* Clarify any issues regarding terminology and glossary definitions.
* Gather initial major questions or issues regarding the proposed
requirements.
* Move through a more fine-grained category-by-category discussion of each
set of requirements to identify issues or holes.
* Determine the requirements about which: a) there is consensus, or b) there
are still open issues.
* As a final step, prioritize the requirements in both areas.

To do this we will interactively edit a Word outline Drummond is preparing
of the proposed requirements. (This would be ideal for Webex, but if we
don't have that, we can read each requirement aloud to the telecon
participants.) We can post the results to the list before breaking for
lunch.

NOON - 1:15PM - LUNCH (Visa cafeteria or local restaurants)

1:15PM - 2:15PM: RELATED STANDARDS AND TECHNOLOGIES PRESENTATION (Gabe
Wachob)

Gabe will cover the spectrum of related efforts including URIs, URNs,
Handle/DOI, RDF, Topic Maps, Semantic Web, SGNP, AutoID, REST, etc. The goal
would be to educate everyone on the landscape and draw in other potential
requirements arising from these efforts.

2:15PM - 2:30PM: BREAK

2:30PM- 3:45PM: RELATED STANDARDS AND TECHNOLOGIES DISCUSSION (Bill
Washburn, Moderator)

The goal of this session is to discuss each of these related efforts and
identify any additional requirements they may involve or clarifications to
the requirements we have. At the same time, we may want to explicitly
identify work that is out of scope as this can be useful in narrowing our
focus.

3:45PM - 4:00PM: BREAK

4:00PM - 5:00PM: REQUIREMENTS OPEN ISSUES (Bill Washburn, Moderator)

This will be a second run at the same Word document from the morning
session, this time deciding what new additional requirements to add by
consensus, which to add as open issues, which open issues can be closed, and
how the remaining issues should be prioritized for discussion/decision Day
2. We'll also assign any action items for Day 2.

5:00PM - DAY 1 CLOSING AND DIRECTIONS FOR DINNER

DAY 2 - FRIDAY

8AM - 8:15AM:  SUMMARY OF DAY 1 AND GOALS OF DAY 2 (Gabe Wachob, Drummond
Reed, Bill Washburn)

Especially for telephonic participants (and to get our heads cleared), we'll
summarize the conclusions from Day 1 and frame the key remaining key issues
for the morning of Day 2.

8:15AM - 9:15AM: ARCHITECTURAL MODELS (Gabe Wachob)

To help rigorize our thinking about requirements, Gabe will present a set of
architectural models for directory services and we'll discuss how they
impact the work of the TC.

9:15AM - 9:30AM: BREAK

9:30AM - 11:00AM: OPEN ISSUES CLOSURE AND 1.0 REQ'S DOCUMENT PLANNING (Bill
Washburn, Moderator)

In the final requirements session we'll drill down into the remaining open
issues, focusing on new insights and ideas from participants after cooking
on this overnight. Ad hoc presentations or whiteboard diagrams are
encouraged. Next we will do a final pass through our Word doc listing all
prioritized requirements, notes, and remaining open issues if any. Finally
we'll discuss the structure, format, additional content, and timeline for
producing our 1.0 Requirements document, poll for volunteers, and make
assignments.

11:00AM - 11:15AM: BREAK

11:15AM - NOON: STRAWMAN ROADMAP PRESENTATION (Gabe Wachob)

Gabe will lay out a proposed picture of what the road forward looks like
based on our requirements foundation.

NOON - 1:15PM: LUNCH (TBD)

1:15PM - 2:30PM: ROADMAP DISCUSSION AND REFINEMENT (Bill Washburn,
Moderator)

The goal of this session is to get a rough consensus of the group about the
relative interest in each deliverable, how long each is expected to take,
what the interdependencies are, etc. We'll also discuss subcommittees,
liasons, and other tools for moving forward efficiently. We'll close by
updating the Strawman Roadmap and making assignments to write it up into a
v1 Roadmap (at a minimum for internal use and possibly for outside
publication).

2:30PM - 3:00PM: CLOSING

Summarize conclusions, action items, and next steps.