amqp-comment message

Subject: Re: [amqp-comment] amqp over http draft

On 28/05/2019 10:32 am, Rob Godfrey wrote:
I don't hold strong views on the argument (which, as mentioned, seems to be retreading the discussions we had at the F2F). I agree the current proposal is "ugly", but I'm not sure how large a barrier this would be to implementation, utility, or correctness.

My interest in http-over-amqp comes from work extending the value of the Apache Qpid Dispatch Router beyond amqp to http based services and clients for request/response and events. Where amqp *is* used directly, these http services and client can seamlessly interoperate with services and clients using amqp directly.

As one datapoint, I would not be inclined to implement this spec as it is currently drafted. The ugliness would extend to any amqp applications and as I see no justification for it, I wouldn't follow it.