bcm message

Subject: Re: [bcm] WSRP and EPR?

Sorry Carl, David,

I missed Carl's message yesterday somehow. I have been about as busy
as you two, and I had hoped to hear more about EPR during Monday's
eGov TC meeting, but apparently there was a conflict with another
meeting for David, and that didn't happen. I have included the
invitation to the Oct. 19 Collaborative Expedition Workshop at NSF
where both Carl and I will be presenting, and I hope you can attend,
too, David.

I would be happy to work on how WSRP can be useful for EPR. As Carl
expressed it, the EPR Web Service User Interface ought to fit within
a WSRP Portlet, or a JSR168 portlet inside a portlet container, and
that would make it portable while retaining whatever XFORM
functionality you have worked into the Markup Fragment. It might or
might not work as a WSRP Template, as well as an EPR Template. I
would have to see it. It would use an ebXML Registry through the WSRP
Registration Process. Farrukh might actually be a better partner for
that since he wrote the technical note for using exXML Registry in
WSRP. Of course, he's just as busy as we are.

Ciao,
Rex

At 11:09 AM -0400 10/7/04, Carl Mattocks wrote:
>Yesterday I asked Rex Brooke of the WSRP TC that same question ...
>The one area you can help me explain is the effort of managing EPR via
>WSRP & ebXMLRR . That is ...
>EPR is a Web Service User Interface (looking somewhat like a Roladex)
>EPR uses a 'work card' template to define the context specific (XFORM)
>properties e.g. patient can do online clinical appointment
>EPR Xform needs to be registered in ebxmlRR and associated with underlying
>web services
>EPR should be managed as an WSRP ?????
>
><quote who="David RR Webber">
>>  It might be good to post a question to the link below on how WSRP could
>>  work with EPR, or some other related questions that I've not thought of
>>  yet!  I'm sure our collective minds can think of something else too...
>>
>>  Thanks, DW
>>
>>  OASIS WSRP TC Releases Documents for Public Review
>>
>>  The OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) TC has released three
>>  documents for public review:
>>
>>  - WSRP Publish, Find and Bind (PFB) Abstract Model
>  >
>>  - WSRP - Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) Technical
>>  Note
>>
>>  - WSRP - ebXML Registry Technical Note
>>
>>  The OASIS WSRP Standard allows for the "plug-n-play" of portals.  Comments
>>  are solicited from all interested parties.
>>
>>  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200410/msg00000.html
>>

>>  To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>>  the OASIS TC), go to
>>
>>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bcm/members/leave_workgroup.php.
>>

>--
>Carl Mattocks
>
>co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
>co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
>CEO CHECKMi
>v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
>www.CHECKMi.com
>Semantically Smart Compendiums
>(AOL) IM CarlCHECKMi
>
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the
>roster of the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bcm/members/leave_workgroup.php.

--
Rex Brooks