Subject: QUESTION: does XCF have any ordering rules for private metadata?

QUESTION:  does XCF have any ordering rules for application-specific metadata?

DISCUSSION:
I vaguely remember that we said at some time in the past, application-specific metadata elements must follow standardized elements.  That isn't reflected in the XCF anywhere.  At least I can't find it, if its there.

There are only two scenarios in XCF where any standardized children are allowed:

1.) webcgm can have any of the standardized children, grobject, layer, para, subpara, bindById, bindByName in any order;

2.) the only standardized child that any of these (except layer) can have is linkuri.

About #1 and metadata elements, the DTD says:
<!ELEMENT webcgm (
    layer | grobject | para | subpara |
    bindById | bindByName %webcgmEXT;)* )

About #2 and metadata elements, the DTD says for example:
<!ELEMENT grobject ( linkuri %grobjectEXT; )* >

So the spec says that application-specific metadata elements can mix with standardized elements, in any order.

I don't mean to raise a new issue about this, but I only want to clarify whether the spec accurately reflects past decisions or not.  Does anyone recall, and preferably have a pointer to, any past element ordering decisions?

RECOMMENDATION:  none (just seeking clarification).