Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [chairs] more Kavi questions]]

Kavi responds to Lauren's questions...
-Karl

Feature.  Again the sharing model of OASIS mismatches the design of the app
somewhat.  Any object shared with general membership will show up on My
Groups and My Calendar.  Perhaps a feature request for a pref to include/not
include that stuff?

 > 2) Along the same lines, why does the "My Groups" page show upcoming
 > events for groups other than those I'm a member of? I would like the
 > action items and recent documents to be similarly filtered to only
 > those groups I'm a member of.

Same situation.  In a less open org, this works fine since shared objects
are fairly rare.  Feature request I guess.

 > 3) The "All Groups" page has a number next to the TC name that
 > purports to be the number of members, but seems to actually be the
 > total of email subscribers, whether they're members or observers
 > (judging by the ER TC). Can this be fixed, either in nomenclature, or
 > to show the real number of members?

In the app's nomenclature we use "member" to mean "person on the roster"
which also equates with "on the email list."  There are many nomenclature
issues like this in the app, as words like "member" and "participant" are
often semantically loaded in different orgs.  Feature request:  allow
labeling of all terminology (group, member, "person on the roster," etc.).
(we do hear this a lot, and some day it will be available...)

;Chris

 > thanks,
 >
 > Lauren

Karl F. Best