Subject: [chairs] status update

Chairs:

I've modified the Charter and Group Description fields for your TCs.
Previously I had put your blurb (short TC description) as well as links
to your charter and IP statements in the Group Description field, and a
link to the charter in the Charter field. I've now put the link to the
charter and IP statements in your Charter field, and removed them from
the Group Description field. I'll make the charter and IP statement as
HTML files in your TC directory instead of the PDFs that I set up a
couple weeks ago.

Please don't modify the Charter field (I'll own that one), but please
keep the Group Description (your blurb) and your Group Notes
(announcements to your TC members) current. The Group Description field
(the blurb) will appear at the top of the TC's public page, and on the
page listing all TCs.

I'll have a prototype of your public page to look at in the next couple
of days; essentially this will be your existing TC page but with a lot
of the content replaced by links to dynamic information in the Kavi
database. The public page will include have a link to the private
members-only (Kavi) page.

We had set up accounts for as many eligible members as we had complete
infromation for (mostly based on the TC rosters that I had asked you
for). We're aware that we weren't able to create accounts for all of the
2500+ subscribers to our lists, so have been working for the past couple
of weeks to get this additional information in place. We'll do another
round of importing the next couple of days, then again just before
launch date (still scheduled for 13 March). So if you've gone into your
roster to change people from Observer to Member, and the person isn't
listed yet we'll have them added before the launch. This means,
unfortunately, that you'll have to do another check of the roster at
launch time, for which I apologize, but we're doing our best to get as
complete information as possible as soon as possible.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
+1 978.667.5115 x206