Subject: Re: [chairs] IMPORTANT: need to set up your membership rosters

Jeff:

Let's review what membership means. TC members are the eligible people
(OASIS members) who have signed up to join the TC and are maintaining
their membership through regular attendance. These are the people who
are allowed to participate in the TC discussions and vote on TC
decisions. We're providing these new tools to help you, as a chair,
administer this. By defining a new class of people (a contributing
observer) and tweaking the tools to support this class of person you're
circumventing the TC Process and essentially throwing away any benefit
that the tools can provide you.

Can't we just leave it at members and observers? If someone wants to
contribute then they should become a member. Or use the public comment
list to send comments to the TC.

-Karl