Subject: Re: Chairs: Requesting your feedback on comment resolution logs

First of all, thank you for the feedback thus far. This has been very
helpful to me. I take the following key points from this discussion:

- Keep it simple
  - Give TCs the flexibility to accomplish the key goals however works
best for them
  - Ensure that said "key goals" are clear so that TCs know what is expected
  - Give TCs a cookbook with the options and the procedures so that
they need not spend time trying to come up with their own solution

- Provide options
  - Spread sheets work just for many TCs. Give them a template or two
to work from
  - JIRA works for other TCs.
  - Some TCs may prefer to work in word processing documents or in the
TC's wiki - provide guidelines / templates on how to do that

- Specifically for JIRA
  - The vanilla configuration currently in place doesn't make usuing
JIRA as straightforward as it might be.
  - To improve JIRA, gather input from some volunteers and propose a
JIRA configuration that better suits the workflow requirements for
developing standards.

Please let me know if you have other thoughts, if I missed something
in the dialog, etc. I will consider this a project and organize next
steps on that basis. You can expect to see a call for input on
improving JIRA sometime next week.

/chet

--

/chet