Subject: Re: [codelist] Code List TC URIs/URLs; was: Dissenting argument on namespace URI

Thanks for bringing these questions to the fore, Tony ... it has made
me realize that we have some decisions to make before finishing up
the documentation.

At 2007-04-17 17:50 +0100, Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts) wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 03:52:49 +0100, Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>
>wrote:
>
>>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/     NS URI
>>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/         RDDLs
>>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schemas/genericode/1.0/ Schemas
>
>I realise now (as I'm looking at the latest OASIS document templates) that
>we also need a URL location for the spec itself (and perhaps the
>requirements doc too).  I would like to suggest that the specification
>should have a URL of the form
>
>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/documentation/genericode/1.0/oasis-code-list-representation-genericode-1.0.*

Again from my UBL experience led by Jon, I think it is very helpful
in UBL that all of the files associated with a deliverable are found
in subdirectories of a single subdirectory for that deliverable:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs-UBL-2.0/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/

So in our case the directory structures would be:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/       NS URI
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/           RDDLs
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/       Draft
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/xsd/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cd-genericode-1.0/doc/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/       Spec
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/xsd/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/cs-genericode-1.0/doc/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/os-genericode-1.0/       Standard
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/os-genericode-1.0/xsd/
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/os-genericode-1.0/doc/

We could include in the genericode doc subdirectory (and call out
from an informative annex in the document) the code list examples you
cite in your text available in the doc/ directory as standalone files
(such that readers don't need to cut and paste to get real copies of
the examples you have).

This turns the directory structure inside out from what we discussed
before today's teleconference:  using the release as a base and
having an expected set of subdirectories (thus keeping voting
packages easily together in a ZIP distribution).

>where the extension could be "odt" or "pdf" (and I could do "doc" if
>required as well).

Right ... there is no use of index.html ... that way looking at the
base directory you will see the individual ODT and PDF (and HTML?)
renderings of the specification.

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc