Subject: Re: [codelist] CVA scope creep?

In retrospect, maybe we could take a more liberal interpretation.  One of
the future things I've vaguely thought about for genericode is to provide
some support for "non-enumerable code lists", lists where it isn't
practical or otherwise possible to list all of the values.  One thing that
you can provide for such lists is a set of facets that at least partially
validate codes.

So, one could argue that adding support for facets to CVA is a way of
providing support for such code lists.  If it happens that it's also
useful for other things that aren't directly related to code lists, that's
just a happy side effect.  How does that sound?

Cheers, Tony.