cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] [cti] [EXT] Re: [cti] TAXII Pagination Example Text

The taxii service would internally query a set of other services and
provide these as a response. There is no centralised database for this
data. Again, TAxII is only there for the transport layer, behind that
we'd have a collection of tools with their own data-sets in various
formats - the only timestamp we have is what they provide.

I am not sure where this data-point should come from. We could create
timestamps on the fly, based on the time when the request hits the
service and add incrementing values in the micro-second part, but that
seems like a dirty hack.

Hope this makes sense, but I have a feeling that the current TaXII
design fits a limited type of tools whilst ignoring other use-cases and
it seems to break the original paradigm of it being purely a transport
layer protocol and actually requires data to be in a static database
behind it (if you want to be able to paginate). Or am I missing
something obvious?

Best regards,
Andras