cti message

Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [cti] Sightings of Observables with Descriptions

Hi Jeff,

Perhaps you could give a few more details about your "weirdness".

  • Was this a new type of SCO, or one of the ones from the spec â but you just wanted to represent more information?
  • I assume âdescriptions descriptionsâ is a typo, and not something I donât understand?
  • As Jane says â why not just use an extension?
  • If either adding a new property or a whole new SCO â does the property name have to be âdescriptionâ?
  • The idea behind a sighting isnât that you observed an SCO (thatâs what Observed Data is for),   Itâs that you are making an inference that you have âsightedâ

a more abstract CTI object, usually an indicator, but a campaign or threat actor, for instance.

                Rich

--

Rich Piazza

Lead Cyber Security Engineer