OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 8 July 2008

 Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 8 July 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 8 July 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 1 July 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200807/msg00002.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Subcommittee reports (as needed)

    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC
        JoAnn: First meeting on 28th July which means folks who wish to vote at 
        the first meeting need to join by July 21st.

        TC members who would like to join the Adoption TC should sign up via TC 
        page (click Join):

    * OASIS DITA Member Section (review last week's discussion)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200807/msg00014.html

        Jeff: I sent out a summary of the discussion. We don't see a need or 
        advantage to pursuing a member section at this time.
        Some folks on the call would like to see changes to the TC charters to 
        facilitate liaison etc. This is all noted in the message I sent out.

        ACTION: Don to add a new item to the agenda next week to discuss Jeff's 
        TC charter amendment. Goal is to update the TC's charter to remove parts 
        about evangelism etc. and replace that with formal liaison aspect.

        ACTION: Michael to initiate discussion on the list and have this as 
        ongoing agenda item until we agree on a revised charter.

4.  Business:

    1.  New ITEM: SIDSC "oversight" heads-up (request for specialization review)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200807/msg00011.html (Beims)

        Eliot volunteered previously to do this.

        ACTION: Don to respond to Bob saying that Eliot Kimber will be the TC 
        liaison for this.

    2.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages (resume from previous weeks)

        1.  Machine Industry Task discussion

            1) SC agreed their specialized elements should be specialized from 
               <prereq> and <postreq>.

            2) Domain spec vs structural spec: we prefer to remain at domain 
            specialization so we don't limit it even more than we have done.

            3) Name of domain: rename "Machinery Task Domain" to "Service Domain". 
            (the name of the task remains Machinery Task, and the package name 
            remains the same as before)

            Discussion around the fact that "Service" is somewhat general beyond 
            the machinery industry.

            Michael suggested "Task Requirements Domain".

            ACTION: Chris to go back to the MI SC to try to come up with a better
            long description of the domain name. Since the MI SC will meet next 
            in 4 weeks time, revisit in 4 weeks time.

        2.  DITA 1.2 specification documents (Michael's Matrix)
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200807/msg00004.html (Priestley, et al.)

            Chris reminded the TC about the previous decision to include only
            the highlighting domain in MI, but remove software and programming.

            Michael to check with John Hunt whether the number of topic shells
            provided is too much.

            CONTINUED. (out of time)

Meeting adjourned.

    3.  ITEM: Review anticipated schedule for drafts and remaining input--updates?

    4.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        * Lang spec ToCJS: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00036.html (18 June)
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00034.html (18 June)
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00035.html (18 June)
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00042.html (30 May)
        * XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00040.html (28 May) 

5.  Announcements/Opens

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]