Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] help desperately needed a.k.a. can't get any of the 3 major free xslt engines to work

Hi Chris,
I took a different approach and looked into the problem that xsltproc was
having with your file, and I was able to isolate the problem. It turns out
the error was not on the orderedlist, but on the table that followed it.  I
have no idea why the presence of the orderedlist affected the table,
though.

I do know that this test in the match="tgroup" template was failing:

   <xsl:if test="position() = 1">

That was the context it seemed to have lost.  Somehow the combination of
processing a nodeset (that's how all docbook5 documents are processed,
after removing namespace attributes) with any table and any orderedlist
made it lose the context position of the tgroup so the test was failing.

I checked in a change to this test to count preceding-siblings instead, and
xsltproc handled that ok.  So you might try xsltproc with the latest XSL
snapshot to see if you can get that working.

DocBook Consulting