Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] slides: how to balance presentation and content

W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk>:
>> If it is accepted that 'presentations' are appropriate, then
>> perhaps moving slides to db5 and extending it to provide the markup
>> you want wouldn't be inappropriate. Relax schemas are so nice to work
>> with for extensions.
>>
>> What additional markup is needed? A lot, or just minor additions?
>
> IMHO, only minor additions to standard docbook are needed:
>
> - Some trivial containers like slides, foil and foilgroup with
>   title, info, and divcomponentmix elements.

How about looking at the current block levels in db5 and selecting
some 'equivalent' levels? Then propose some names (the ones above
sound good to me)

> - An explicit element for speakernotes with divcomponentmix.

Is that just another subdivision? E.g.

<foil>
<speakernotes>

</

</foil>

Or do you want speakernotes at a higher level too?

> - An attribute for incremental display (lists, graphics),
>   but I happily (mis-) use role for that.

Good time to 'do the right thing'?
How about a usable definition of 'incremental display'

Just what to you expect of the html?

> Probably I forgot something.

That's the advantage of working on the list :-)

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.