Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] Callout Bug breaks lines in <programlisting>

Title: Callout Bug breaks lines in

Hi Bob,

Yep, that did the trick. Everything looks great now.

Best,

Scott Speights

Von: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Oktober 2010 08:25
An: Speights, Scott; DocBook Apps

Hi,

Most likely this is caused by having this in your xsl:

<xsl:output indent="yes"/>

This introduces extra line breaks, sometimes where not wanted.  Setting it to "no" makes the FO harder to read, but more accurate.  If this does not fix the problem, then something else is going on.

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 6:01 AM

Hello List,

I would like to use callouts to mark up code examples but when I put callout bugs into the program listing, they do a line break. I expected the bugs to appear at the end of a line of code without breaking. Is there  something that I need to customize – or not customize - here to prevent this line break from happening.

My environment is Oxygen XML, Saxon 6.5.5 and FOP 1.0 and I am using Unicode callouts. XML and XSL samples.

<! – XML à

<programlisting>

public void SimpleGet()
{

    IList
&lt;ICompanyDescription> companyDescriptions = connector.CompanyDescriptions; <co xml:id="IAtomLoadCoList" linkends="LoadGetList"/>

<!—XSL à

<xsl:attribute-set name="monospace.verbatim.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="font-family">Lucida Sans Typewriter</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="font-size">9pt</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="keep-together.within-column">always</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="line-height">11pt</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="margin-left">0mm</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">0mm</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="linefeed-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="wrap-option">wrap</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

Many Thanks,

Scott

Scott Speights

Technical Writer

Haufe-Lexware GmbH & Co. KG

Munzinger Str. 9, D-79111 Freiburg

Tel. +49 761 898-5313

E-Mail: scott.speights@haufe-lexware.com

Internet: http://www.haufe-lexware.com

Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz und Registergericht Freiburg, HRA 4408

Komplementäre: Haufe-Lexware Verwaltungs GmbH,

Sitz und Registergericht Freiburg, HRB 5557; Martin Laqua

Geschäftsführung: Isabel Blank, Birte Hackenjos, Jörg Frey,

Matthias Mühe, Markus Reithwiesner, Joachim Rotzinger, Dr. Carsten Thies

Beiratsvorsitzende: Andrea Haufe