OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 June 2012

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 June 2012

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 at
01:00p ET for 30 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Nancy Harrison, Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson,
Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 18 July 2012
4. Review of the agenda.

Add items for OASIS website and eLearning Subcommittee.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

b. Norm to document XLink support in The Definitive Guide for 5.1, including the concern about translatable text in the title attribute.

 c.  Scott to research the degree of flexibility in the
     CALS table standard.

6a. OASIS website.  Jirka spoke with Chet Ensign at OASIS
about missing schema files.  The solution they came up with
is to mirror the docbook.org directory on OASIS.

ACTION: Jirka to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.

6b.  Publisher's Subcommittee

Scott reported that they will be meeting next week.

6c. eLearning Subcommittee

Scott reported that they will also meet next week. They are interested
in recruiting new members from the learning and training industry.

7.  Google Summer of Code

Dick reported that they got information from each mentor,
all project are in progress, and no big problems so far.

Here is a link to the application [2]

8.  Extended XLink support

This item is completed and can be removed from future agendas.
Norm will document in The Definitive Guide.

9.  Revisit CALS table accessibility

The suggestion to add accessibility attributes to CALS tables was
submitted by Nathalie Sequeira [3]

Scott reported on his research into the CALS table standard. [4]

There were no objections to adding attributes to tables
for accessibility. Scott was not yet sure on the scope
attribute, and will settle that this week.

ACTION: Norm to integrate accessibility attributes
into DocBook 5.1.

10. Transclusion in DocBook
Norm's posting of W3C work [5]
Work in the W3C committee is progressing, and they will
have a draft soon.

11.  DocBook 5.1 release

Will add table accessibility.

12.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
1907003 biblioid content model too broad
   RFEs under discussion
     2820947  Ability to transclude text
     3035565  Allow sections at any level
     3107140  aconym expansion inline
     3156768  <result> tag
     3491860   license tag

  New RFEs
    3530659    Schematron constraints for table

Proposal to allow admonitions in table was approved.

ACTION: Norm to add this change to DocBook 5.1.

    3531365    allow toc at beginning of section

This appears to be a bug since toc was allowed in DocBook 4.

ACTION: Norm to fix this in DocBook 5.1.

    3531929    Include Equivalent format Attribute Name to DocBook Elements

Request for new effectivity attribute to identify output type
(pdf, html, etc.) was viewed favorably.  Larry suggested that
it be implemented in a way that is compatible with the same
feature in DocBook assembly.

ACTION: Larry to propose mechanism for this in DocBook 5.


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201205/msg00003.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201203/msg00065.html
[3] http://n-faktor.net/featured/docBook_tables.html
[4] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201206/msg00004.html
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-xinclude-11-requirements-20120214/

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]