OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes 21 August 2013

Ack, my apologies. We went on a last minute vacation and I failed to send out the agenda or inform Norm that he should do so.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

From: "Scott Hudson" <scott.hudson@schneider-electric.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:30 AM
To: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: <docbook-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes 21 August 2013

For some reason, I didn't get the agenda ahead of the meeting, so I'm very sorry to have missed the meeting. I had it on my calendar, but thought it was a spurious appt since I had not seen the agenda!

I'll be traveling the week of Sept 18, so will have to give regrets unless the date is moved a week earlier or later.

Best regards,


On Aug 21, 2013, at 11:24 AM, "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 July 2013

Reusing July agenda as the July meeting was cancelled.

1. Roll call

Present: Norm, Dick, Jirka, Larry, Nancy

2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.


3. Next meeting: 18 September 2013

Norm gives regrets. We'll see later if we need the meeeting or if we
just move on to October.

4. Review of the agenda.


5. Review of open action items

a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.


b.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.


c.  Norm to produce a DocBook 5.1 candidate release.

Completed, but waiting for Chet to figure out how to post it on the OASIS site.

d.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag


e.  Norm to add result element to DocBook 5.1 schema.


f.  Dick to fix the DocBook5 conversion stylesheet on SourceForge.


g.  Bob to review Dick's fixes to the conversion stylesheet.


Dick will send it to Norm.

h.  Norm to pull the rdfalite schema together as a non-normative
    release candidate.


i.  Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
    internal published items, such as draft specs and
    non-normative customization layers.

In progress.

j.  Jirka and Scott to investigate table captioning.


Jirka reports that there was good mail about this on the list, but there
were still some open questions.

k.  Norm to implement index "see under" and "see also under".


6.  OASIS website issues

Working with Chet.

7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

In Scott's absence, no reports.

8.  Transclusion in DocBook

Norm reports that CR is expected soon.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

Pending approval of the DocBook candidates.

10.  "www" in DocBook system identifiers

(see this email [2]).

Norm: I don't know how "www" got into anyone's system identifier, but
I don't see any harm in updating the catalog to support it.

Proposed: Norm will update the catalog that's distributed with DocBook.


ACTION: Norm to update the catalog that's distributed with DocBook to
       map "www" system identifiers

ACTION: Bob to put slides schema/assembly work on the agenda for the
       next meeting.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

  To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


  RFEs to revisit for 6.0

  247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

 RFEs under discussion
 Ticket  Tracker
  260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
  273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
  291   3491860   license tag
  302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org

 No New RFEs

Closed 301 with agreement from the commenter.

Nothing to discuss.

Any other business

We'll keep the September meeting on the books.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201306/msg00008.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/201307/msg00004.html

                                       Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Curiosity will conquer fear even
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | more than bravery will.--James
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Stephens

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]