Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Including OS Version information on DocBook elements

Karl EICHWALDER <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:

> Application, yes.  But I've said that it's more convinient for the user
> enter data in SGML (OMITTAG, SHORTTAG); at least, it's easier for some
> users who don't have advanced SGML/XML editors available.

Yeah -- I was reading in Goldfarb about the SHORTREF stuff as well
(Annex C).  That's pretty cool, you could have tables be marked up
with the author only having to type:

 (row1data | data | data)
 (row2data | data | data)

Kinda a shame that people are losing all this for XML, but I guess
it's going to be pretty easy to retain an editing context in SGML and
then automatically process documents down into XML for processing if
needed.