Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Okay, why?

On Friday April 06 2001 01:38 pm, chrisb@kippona.com wrote:

> If you are *already* running other XML applications, and have
> therefore already vetted a toolchain, you can also start using
> DocBook XML this afternoon.

I don't want to do into details, since this ain't the -apps list, but suffice
it to say that the concept of resolving all public identifiers over the
internet each and every time a document is processed, is completely beyond
me. And I'm behind a firewall to boot. What were the XML guys thinking?

I had the XML toolchain complete and running. But I had to also install the
Jade/DSSSL toolchain just to use DocBook XML.

--
David Johnson