Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Am I using DocBook appropriately?

Hello,

Here's my 2 cents worth. There are no set rules as to when to use
numbered sections versus unnumbered sections, it really depends on your
document and the audience. Trends change, and for some reason numbered
sections fell out of favor.

Numbered sections permit a person to identify subsections easier because
of the hierarchical numbering. I'm sure you've had problems figuring out
where in a book you were from the format of heading, numbering sections
let's a reader know where they are at all times.

Forget about trends and current styles useage, use numbered sections
where they help your reader.

Sincerely, Jeff Biss