Subject: Re: [docbook] Whatever happened too CSS+XML?

Noah Slater wrote:

> I know... but is it really that wrong to combine the two like this? Is
> there no way of conceivably mixing the two in harmony? Perhaps a
> loose any semantics.

Well, if you would like type link twice and create custom DocBook grammar.

> What would be the harm of using only
> elements in your document to produce a perfectly valid document which
> could be rendered by most browsers?

you can see, this is not possible, you must use XHTML elements for some
things. In this case doing *automatic* (eg. using XSLT) conversion from
DocBook to XHTML seems as way to go.

> example) the overall semantics are the same. Does it really matter
> which namespace it belongs to in this instance?

For processing tools yes.

Nejbližší termíny školení: XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.
          *** DocBook 5.-7.12. *** XSL-FO 19.-20.12. ***

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature