Subject: Re: [docbook] Simpified DocBook

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> oXygen says, something about
>  conflicting ID-types for attribute "id" from
>  namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"; of
>  element "itemizedlist"

[...]
> The strange thing is, I validated the RNG version with jing and msv and
> they didn't complain, only oXygen refused to work with this file. Maybe
> someone else can explain these differences.

By default oXygen performs ID checking and the error is related with that.
For each pair element-attribute it is defined an ID-type for the
attribute value. That can be null, ID, IDREF or IDREFS. If there are
cases when the schema allows different ID-type values for the same
element-attribute pair then we have an error. Note that the
element-attribute pair can be defined also with "wildcard" nameclases
like anyName or nsName.
For details see [1].

You can disable the ID checking in oXygen from Options->Preferences --
XML -- XML Parser -- Relax NG / Check ID/IDREF

[1]
http://relaxng.org/compatibility-20011203.html#id
especially last point from:
***
A RELAX NG schema is compatible with this feature if and only if, after
schema simplification, for each data or value element that specifies a
datatype associated with a non-null ID-type, all of the following hold:

     * its parent is an attribute element
     * the first child of its attribute parent is a name element
     * the first child of the element ancestor is a name element
     * if its attribute parent has any competing attribute elements,
then each such competing attribute element has a data or value child
specifying a datatype associated with the same ID-type. Two attribute
elements

       <attribute> nc1 p1 </attribute>

       and

       <attribute> nc2 p2 </attribute>

       compete if and only if the containing definitions compete and
there is a name n that belongs to both nc1 and nc2. Note that a
definition competes with itself.
***

Best Regards,
George