Subject: Re: [docbook] xi:include problem

On 2013-12-12 14:04, Alex Kleider wrote:
The problem (already aluded to in the thread from which I've spun off
this one) with
a) using xmllint to expand xIncludes
and then
b) validating with jing,
is that the validation must be done on the output of xmllint and when
jing reports an error it provides a location in the output file, but
we want to fix the problem in the original file.

A kludge might be to put an XML comment at the top and bottom of each file identifying the file's name, e.g.
   <!--XML source file = foobar.xml -->
and then searching up or down in the output file from the error site (and maybe doing some arithmetic on the line numbers to come up with the line # in the original file--that assumes newlines are preserved in the process, which I think they can be).

   Mike Maxwell