Subject: Re: [docbook] Allow <info> as root element?

> On 30.11.22 01:47, David Cramer wrote:
>> I make most or all elements start elements in my DocBook variants because
>> why not?
>
> That true, this would be possible. However, that wouldn't be DocBook anymore.
> Additionally, you increase your maintenance efforts if you have to create a
> DocBook variant just for customize the start elements.

Okay, but conversely, the position that the markup for every possible
documentation scenario must be in standard DocBook doesnât scale. It
means DocBook just gets larger and looser until out of the box it has
very few constraints.

For most non-trivial documentation tasks, I end up with a bit of custom
markup and a bit of custom stylesheet processing. Sometimes I do that by
making an actual schema customization, sometimes with Schematron, and
sometimes by leveraging the new âlocal-conventionsâ transformation in
xslTNG[1].

> Sometimes I would appreciate some more hooks to ease customization. ;)

Such as?

[1] https://xsltng.docbook.org/guide/p_local-conventions.html

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>