dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Request for core: SignedReference

At 11:15 AM 3/26/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Trevor,
>
>In fact, I think that the only thing that I would not use would be the
>ds:Transforms element, which as it is optional would profile to not present
>And I think that the RefId could also be needed as the structure supporting
>time-stamp would point to the corresponding ds:Reference.

The SignedReference/RefId is used for creating the corresponding
ds:Reference/Id.

Using it to point to a ds:Reference is not what it's intended for.  The
syntax is the same but the semantics are different, so I don't think we
should re-use it in that way.

Also, if you're pointing to the reference, then you don't need to point to
the document as well, cause the reference is uniquely associated with one
document.

So I don't think the similarities between what you're doing and the
SignedReference are enough to justify deriving them from a common element.

>Anyway, I repeat that  I do not have any problem with repeating the schema
>(except the ds:Transforms) in the profile [...]

Yeah, I think that's better.

Trevor