Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Scope of TC (was SOA and Shared Semantics / Editors ActionItem, et al)

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> >..How well-equipped will we be
> >to encourage adoption of our work if it relies so heavily on shaky
> >foundations?
> >

> [DN]
>
> We will not rely on shaky foundations.  I have made this mistake writing
> other architectural standards and advocate we do not repeat them here.
>
> Adoption of our standard may not be measured in specific
> implementations.  A metric may be how people think going forward.  When
> someone asks the question "What is SOA and how can it benefit my
> company?", the answer should be "Pick up and read a copy of the OASIS eb
> SOA Spec".

Very respectfully disagree. IMHO, the answer should reference mature
standards that have been widely adopted within industry and government,
and for which there is a more than adequate level of available vendor
products, including some from what one would consider a major vendor.

Joe

--
Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano