Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Specification of a Business Service Interface

Sacha,

I like to keep things simple.  While BPSS is not like BPEL - that
does not preclude you having a system like JBoss / jBPM,
Websphere, BizTalk, J2EE etc, referencing the BPSS and
being able to manage and control the business process
accordingly at runtime.

What that means - as you identified - is that there needs
to be a standard set of signals between the transport
services and this BP manager component - however
that's implemented.  We've certainly got a set of those
already in the schema - and the transport must be able
to communicate those to the BP engine.  We do need to
do a better job of aligning that - right now we are
working with the ebMS folks to make that better - and
so that our QoS settings tightly align with the ebMS and
CPA details too.

I think the idea is to get that done for V2 release - so it
works well - and then use lessons learned there to do
a broader BSI for V3.

Notice also that the ability to call tools like CAM for
document handling and have context instances - covers
the need to integrate into the backend applications.

This is definately loosely coupling - people can choose
a variety of ways to implement a deployment from the
BPSS model.  And of course they can make it tight
coupled if they wish.

Flexiblity is a key advantage.

Thanks, DW