Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] Specification of a Business Service Interface

Hi David

See comments/question below ...

Am Fre, den 04.06.2004 schrieb David RR Webber um 16:06:
> Sacha,
>
> I like to keep things simple.  While BPSS is not like BPEL - that
> does not preclude you having a system like JBoss / jBPM,
> Websphere, BizTalk, J2EE etc, referencing the BPSS and
> being able to manage and control the business process
> accordingly at runtime.
>
> What that means - as you identified - is that there needs
> to be a standard set of signals between the transport
> services and this BP manager component

Yes, that is what I am asking how that is done.

> - however
> that's implemented.

Where, how? Do you have an example how a runtime MSH and a runtime BSI
communicate? Or better, how do you see a runtime MSH communicating (both
directions) with a runtime BSI?

>  We've certainly got a set of those
> already in the schema - and the transport must be able
> to communicate those to the BP engine.

Yeah I question how its communicated, possibly in some defined manners,
so I can use any MSH implementation with any BSI implementation and vice
verca.

Unfortunately I did not follow BP that closely to know where this
information (how to communicate, and which information/signals) can be
found.

>  We do need to
> do a better job of aligning that - right now we are
> working with the ebMS folks to make that better - and
> so that our QoS settings tightly align with the ebMS and
> CPA details too.
>
> I think the idea is to get that done for V2 release - so it
> works well - and then use lessons learned there to do
> a broader BSI for V3.
>
> Notice also that the ability to call tools like CAM for
> document handling and have context instances - covers
> the need to integrate into the backend applications.

Isn't in this case such a CAM tool another backend application?

Kind regards

Sacha

> This is definately loosely coupling - people can choose
> a variety of ways to implement a deployment from the
> BPSS model.  And of course they can make it tight
> coupled if they wish.
>
> Flexiblity is a key advantage.
>
> Thanks, DW

Sacha                                   Schlegel
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg

Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil