Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA Version 1.05

Tony Weida wrote:

> A PartyId element identifies the party itself.  Each party can have multiple
> PartyId elements.  DUNS is one very common way of identifying businesses.
> Therefore, "type=DUNS" is a fine example (among others) for the PartyId
> element's type attribute.

type = "DUNS" is a horrible example.   WHERE DO YOU LOOK IT UP?  Who
decides who can use "DUNS" and who can't? What are the other enumerated
values?  There is no mechanism for this available.  DUNS may be
semantically meaningful to you becuase you are American.  It means
nothing to someone in Nigeria or Pakistan.

> The PartyRef element identifies an external document with additional
> information about a party -- its type attribute specifies the external
> document's type.

Please give me an example that I can write code to access someone
country.  All I want you to do is show us all how the CPP can relay all
the information necessary that my code can grab this value and recognize
it.  If you can show me that,  then I am happy.

We tried to implement this in a way that we can discover context rules
and also identify previously discovered trading parties.  At the end of
a very frustrating experience,  we concluded that the v 1.0 spec did not
meet the technical needs of ebXML.

I am trying to relay the problems we discovered so it can be fixed.

Duane Nickull

--
CTO, XML Global Technologies