Subject: Re: [egov] Re: [huml] The Office of Justice Programs's (OJP) Justice XML Data Dictionay

David / Rex et al:

Thanks for the CC.

What you both suggest is certainly feasible given the existing OASIS
Registry specs (well the ebXML one anyways - I am not sure you could
accomplish this in a UDDI registry).  RDF schemes to classify sets of
registry content is something that will likely be done.  IMO - it may be
akin to creating an extra layer however (unless I have somehow missed
some of this thread which I suspect may be true).  Since RDF is itself a
classification scheme, having the Registry classification scheme point
at an RDF set first, which in turn points at a the actual registry
objects, may be overkill but hey - what do I know.

Using RDF as a classification "Guide" may be interesting and there may
be a specific use case for it however there may be a dependency on XML
itself.  The built in registry classification mechanism may be more
flexible in terms of accounting for non-XML syntax (UML).

David has been working on an important part of aggregation called CAM
(Content Assembly Mechanism).  CAM would function like a schema template
whereby a user could declare the context it would be used in, then a
search of the registry would yield the appropriate artifacts to populate
the final schema instance with (assuming XML was the end syntax - other
end syntaxes may also be possible).

CAM has an important role is providing a meta-description of payload
level aggregations.  XML Schema may be useful as an expression of CAM
but RDF may alos be useful.  I guess we'll have to wait for the final
draft to see what can be used.  I have a sneaking suspicion that RDF may
lack the necessary cardinality (multiplicity) operators for advanced
representation of metadata.

Yellow Dragon Software hopes ot be able to offer our registry product
for download from our website sometime within the next 3-4 weeks.  I
would invite people to download an evaluation copy and test some of
these scenarios out and share their experiences with us all.

Interesting conversation.  enjoy!!

Duane Nickull
--
Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Service Oriented Architecture Components - ebXML, Web Services, SOAP