Subject: Re: [egov] UN XML project gains Microsoft support

+1 as well. That is the exact approach we (the OASIS/ebXML Registry TC)
are taking in defining our Core Component approach - using the RIM only
where its current architecture allows, and defining an XML Core
Component serialization format that accomodates all metadata in the CCTS
that is not directly mappable to the RIM.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>

> > While it will take some time for the dust to settle, a desirable
> > outcome could well be that CCTS uses ebRIM to define its serialization
> > format, UBL uses Core Components BIEs and therefor indirectly uses
> > ebRIM format as the picture below shows:
>
> +1
>
> I would personally be against a re-write of ebRIM that results in a
> direct dependancy on CCTS within the Registry specification or vica
> versa.  That would not be, IMHO, good architecture or engineering.  RIM
> is extensible enough to handle the needs of CCTS right now.
>
> The Registry should be agnostic to how users use its' content.  It's
> scope should be as a registry and repository, nothing more.  The
> Registry team have done an excellent job of creating it as such.  Let's
> not change that.
>
> Duane Nickull
>
> --
> Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
> Professional Software Development & Metadata Management
> Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
> Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
>
> You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/members/leave_workgroup.php
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano